Wednesday, March 23, 2011

SDC27: Triptych Card

We want to thank Gini Owen for being our guest designer for March, it has been fabulous having her share her awesome creations with us.  Here is her triptych card and her wonderful story of it.

Spanky does The Birth of Venus.
The Stampotique Challenge for the next fortnight is to make a Triptych card using Stampotique only stamps.
There is a random draw to win $30 to spend in the Stampotique store, which you need to win because have you seen the new stamps released this month? Jo Capper Sanderson has some new stamps including two wonderful owls and Daniel Torrente has done 3 mermaids and other fabulous animals. There goes my crafting budget for this month. Life is always sunny in the Land of Shiny.
But this is my last project for Stampotique as guest designer, aaaw.

So what did Spanky make huh?

She had a ball with this one and whizzed back in time to 1484 and is the Official Queen of Ginger this fine spring morning.

Click on any image to make it bigger.

Mirror, Mirror on the tree,
Who's as pretty as can be?








Now just in case you don't immediately recognise (as if!) Sandro Botticelli's The Birth of Venus, here is the centre of the painting.



Now everything that could possibly go wrong whilst making this; did go wrong and a few more previously undiscovered errors to boot.
It's just as well that the "Spanky does.." are my favourite makes.
The triptych template I used is this free one from Mirkwood Designs.
 They also have a paypal button for donations to support their endeavours.

The background paper is by Basic Grey from the Urban Prairie range.
If I had to choose a Basic Grey range I had to marry it would be this one.

I used Versamark and Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder in Copper Bronze Lustre for the Large Lace background stamp.  Isn't it gorgeous like this?
The one and only Stitch has embroidery floss hair glued onto card using Golden Gel medium. Anything is possible using gel medium as a glue. 
If I had to choose a glue I had to marry it would be this one.
I had to go a bit lower with her hair than is esthetically pleasing but I needed to cover up her claws and then rearrange her arms.
The colouring is with Derwent coloursoft pencils. You really can't go wrong with any Derwent pencils.
If I had to choose a pencil I had to marry it would be a Derwent one.

Now the tiny gold stars are new (to me) and I didn't do a test glue with them, so I ran a line of Glossy accents around the edge and wow did a lot more of them stick than I had planned.
The beads at the bottom are Suze Weinberg's Beadazzles in Electric slide (also new to me) and oh my, don't they go everywhere, they just followed the little stars...absolutely everywhere.
The mirror is made out of mirror card with silver stickles around it.
Whichever Daniel Torrente lady character stamp I am working with becomes my favourite stamp.
If I had to choose a stamp company I had to marry it would be Stampotique :-)

2 comments:

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Love how this was developed. Wacky and original thought pattern.

fatmonica said...

This is just fabulous.Love it Love it!