Thursday, March 27, 2014

Vintage theme

 
 
I thought I would join in on France Papillon's vintage theme this week at the Stampotique Designer's Challenge.  This image of my husband's mother Leah featured in the stamp Summer of 32 really fits this request to go vintage.

I really enjoyed creating this faux vintage piece with teabag stained muslin.  This pin cushion is filled with rice and will hang in my sewing room on my grandmother's oak Hoosier.  My mother passed two years ago yesterday and had used grandmother's Hoosier as her sewing station.  Now it's become mine.  It was very therapeutic to celebrate and honor my and my husband's mother this week. The buttons used in this piece were from my mother's collection.

For more info on my pin cushion follow me to veralanestudio.com.

 

7 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

Oh, Janet! My mother had a "button jar that eventually became mine. I treasure it. Love your vintage creation today honoring both your mother and mother-in-law. The detail is amazing, but I am a hat pin lover so those stole me heart today!

Corrie Herriman said...

Wonderful project, so many memories make it even more wonderful !
Corrie x

Sarah Anderson said...

What a beautiful project Janet xx

Claudine said...

Gorgeous project, I'm loving everything about it

Basement Stamper said...

Love that pillow, the it's gorgeous, all the finishing touches of lace and pearls.

Unknown said...

love it, love it and once again: I LOVE IT!

roc said...

Love this!